Who We Are
The Peel Regional Labour Council is a democratic coalition of public and private sector union locals in the Peel Region that represent tens of thousands of hard-working men and women. Our mandate is to help bring together the collective voice of working people and their families to advocate on issues of concern and importance in the Peel Region.
We are situated just west of Toronto and we represent affiliates from Brampton, Bolton, Caledon, Georgetown, and Mississauga.
Our Labour Council in the Community
The Peel Regional Labour Council and its committees are involved in many areas of the community. Working actively to support people’s needs is a bigger part of the Labour Council’s work. Here are a few examples:
• Working with United Way of Greater Toronto
• Participating on community boards and agencies
• Assisting and supporting services for women and children
• Providing resources, representation and referral for workers in crises through the Labour Community Advocate Program and Labour Community Services of Peel
• Honouring workers injured and killed on the job through our Day of Mourning Ceremonies on April 28
• Providing educational opportunities through our CLC Weekend Schools